While the doorbell intercom system can be ideal for visitor management, it remains limited to residential settings. A professional business premise requires an automated visitor management system. Basically, the complete system includes matrix biometric access control terminals and a database system. Still, CCTV security cameras and a pass printer form part of the main components.
The biometric terminal will be used for capturing user biometric data as well as authenticating each visitor based on the data stored. A database system for storing visitor information in a secure, professional and verifiable manner. And a printer for printing visitor official pass. In short, the system automates the entire process of registration, data capture and pass allocation.
This is an excellent system for those in the real estate and property management industry. The system brings efficiency and order in the day to day work of the property agents, office letting agents and residential building caretakers.
How It Works
Even though the system allows for online preregistration, it can be customized so that a visitor gets registered on the spot at the main entrance. At the point of registration, visitor biometric data will be captured into the system. A pass will be generated allowing the visitor access to the requested office.
Even so, the gate security personnel will still be able to track visitors from the system dashboard. The generated visitor pass will have to be surrendered at the gate at the point of exit. The system generates reports.
As for the online registration, an E-pass will be generated indicating predetermined areas to be accessed. The visitor will get an SMS notification regarding the visitation. Also, the visitor will get another SMS notification upon pass expiry. The system also has a feature for blocking visitors who have been found to have flouted the rules.
Key features of the Visitor Management system
- Visitor registration module: captures names of the visitor, company name, the contacts, office to visit, purpose of the visit, etc. Then, create a visitor pass on the spot: create and issue a visitor pass instantly
- Email and SMS Notifications: real-time SMS notification to the host office as well as to the visitor regarding the scheduled visit. The premise visitors can be customers, contractors, or suppliers of goods and services. Still, the visitors’ details must be captured.
- Visitor tracking dashboard. This includes a list of pre-registered visitors, and visitors pass statuses. Also, surety personnel can view visitor logs. The logs include entry time, exit time, duration of the visit, etc.
- The visitor data securely stored for future use. The system will store all data related to all present and past visitors. This will create efficiency while serving clients since there will be no need to enter data afresh for clients who have visited once before.
- Visitor Access control; the visitor will only be allowed to access specific areas within a premise. Access control provides a good security measure against theft and vandalism. Still, the guards can make calls from the IP Phone PBX system to alert patrolling colleagues of abnormal visitor behavior.
- Web-based design with a simple user interface; download various reports regarding people’s movement inside the building.
Benefits of the building security management system
Maintain a reliable database for future use.
Gone are the days when the visitors had to fill a book at the entrance to the building. At any rate, the manual system of capturing visitor details proved to be cumbersome, unreliable and undependable. The books can easily be misplaced and cannot be traced during a critical moment. However, Matrix Visitor management system provides a digital platform for capturing and storing securely visitor information for use in the future.
Real-time tracking of the visitor movement inside the premise.
At the point of entry, the visitor card is activated to access specific doors or floors. Furthermore, the lifts system can be integrated into the visitor management system. In this case, the visitor has to swipe the RFID proximity card or the Mifare card in order to allow access to the lifts. Visitors can be traced to a specific floor should be there an urgent need for tracking.
Control access to sensitive areas of the building.
Be that as it may, not all visitors should be allowed to critical security areas in the building. For instance, visitors should not be allowed to visit the backup generator store, internet service provider termination box or the raiser. Even contractors should request express permission from the building management office. And the permission granted through the digital visitor management system.
This system aims at bringing professionalism while handling visitors at business premises and in other places where security is of great concern. In summary, this is a secure and reliable platform for capturing visitor data and storing the records in a retrievable order. This is because, the information will only be useful if it can be organized and stored in a manner that improves information security, dependability, and accessibility.